Thursday, February 12, 2009

Animals


My dog saw a cat when we were returning home. She silently ran towards the cat and the cat desappeared in the dark.

I then recalled that she had killed a cat before. And suddenly, I knew how to deal with these films. I mean, I didn't find anything new, but I just remembered: there's nothing more artificial than the concept of artificiality itself.

We define a boundary: We, the humans and they, the animals and this is a very narrow way of looking at ourselves and at the world.

Where am I going to with all this chitchat? To the solution on how should I face these first films the deal with whale hunting.

I will look at men as part of Nature and when men hunt whales, I will judge them as I judge any other animal that preys another. That will be my limit.

There is surely many other ways of dealing with this subject. My excuse to somehow avoid this issue that I'm having trouble dealing with, is that there is something poetic, universal and reconciling in dealing with men as with any other animal.

May be some will find this insulting, it's not my intention at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment